Our friends at the Frankie Manning Foundation remind us that May is #FrankieMonth! They have a whole list of ways that you can help celebrate the life and legacy of the late great Frankie Manning. They include:
- Throw a swingin’ birthday party or a lindy hop dance in Frankie’s honor.
- Play the music of the Savoy Ballroom and the big bands of the swing era.
- Hold Frankie Manning inspired dance classes and workshops. Here’s a great list and here are some helpful videos.
- Share Frankie videos and stories.
- Raise funds so that the Frankie Manning Foundation can continue Frankie’s mission.
- Use #FrankieMonth when sharing your plans on social media.
- Change your profile photo for the month of May to a photo of Frankie, with Frankie, or of your favorite dancing photo.
- Suit up Swing Style on May 26th – #TheLindyLook
- Collaborate and make it inclusive within your community.
- Contact other dancers and local organizers and work together to make it a celebration that unites all dancers in your community.
Head to their website for more information about Frankie Month.