Been on a motorcycle lately???

I was just at a family party and someone drove over a brand-new 2000 Yamaha R1 ($11,000) with only 4,000 miles. He said, "Go ahead, take it around the block". Well, you don't have to hit me over the head twice. Notes: wonderful STOCK exhaust note, OEM Ti pipe. Seriously light. 390lbs. Felt…

Page(s): < Previous 1 2 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 Next > (7911 items total)

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, December 20, 2009 (4 years ago)
Quoted from "Effervescent"
Just rode 30 miles. Needed to get Adv back to LI before blizzard. -Eff

Gotta say, after waking up to 13 inches (which is admittedly a light more than usual :green: ), I am pretty pumped I got that motorcycle to my garage yesterday!

-Eff

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, December 20, 2009 (4 years ago)

Oh, Smart car battery is inside the cabin!

A panel pulls up underneath the pasenger side floormat! So it's basically under the passenfer feet! There's also an airpump and can of tire sealant hidden in there.

-Eff

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Saturday, December 26, 2009 (4 years ago)

Zeno, sorry if this suggestion came too late: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-flashlight-vest

-Eff

• Joined 5/12/00
  • Originally posted Saturday, December 26, 2009 (4 years ago)

Had to get out for a ride today. It was about 43 degrees.

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, December 27, 2009 (4 years ago)

Ah rats...Scottsdale Ducati is no more :(

-Eff

• Joined 12/21/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, December 27, 2009 (4 years ago)

51 degrees on the east coast today. Got some riding in before the cold snap arrives this week.

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, December 27, 2009 (4 years ago)

Some cold weather links:

-Eff

• Joined 2/5/01
  • Originally posted Monday, December 28, 2009 (4 years ago)
Quoted from "Effervescent"
Some cold weather links: -Eff

I like this one better... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex09VGzsmqI

I may not live there anymore, but my dancing feet will always be from L.A.

• Joined 4/12/01
  • Originally posted Monday, January 4, 2010 (4 years ago)

Dropped Lil Blastard off at HD NYC on November 7th, to get an accident repair estimate. Told them to start work on the 23rd.

I still don't have the bike back.

They called two weeks ago to say it was done, I called them a few times to say I was out of town and what day I'd be back to pick up. Okay, no problem.

So today I rode the train up to Queens to get it...and it's not ready. Apparently they went to start it and say it has a bad neutral safety switch. They knew this two weeks ago. No one ever told me. Three hours wasted.

The part hasn't arrived yet, and they don't really know when it will show up. I leave town next week. For a month.

This, after they tried to sell me new lower fork legs and new turn signals. Even though the ones on the bike didn't have so much as a scratch on them. And made me drop off my repair deposit in person. Even though they said they could take the info over the phone. Another three hours wasted.

Suffice to say, I'm properly livid.

• Joined 1/20/03
  • 2094
  • Originally posted Monday, January 4, 2010 (4 years ago)

The V-Strom is up and running. Gas millage is a little low, probably needs to have the tappets checked, throttle bodies synched and a proper PCIII map loaded.

~arthur

• Joined 4/12/01
  • Originally posted Friday, January 8, 2010 (4 years ago)

Picked Lil Blastard up today. Good as new! They even fixed the Neutral Indicator Switch for the cost of the part ($14.) That's been bugging me for months! And I got 15% off parts and labor, winter service special.

Though I need to look at my receipt, not sure they applied my $200 deposit to the total...

Got to try my new jacket, a hi-viz Tourmaster Transition Series 2. It gets an A rating. Tons of pockets, waterproof, removable insulated liner, plenty of vents, CE armor...and it's warm as heck. It was about 36 degrees on the way home and I was sweating even with the neck buttoned open.

The Olympia gloves I picked up get a B, very thick and bulky which makes it hard to operate the hand controls properly. Almost impossible to hit the turn signal button. After a ten mile ride (about 40 minutes), my fingers were chilly, but not "cold." Nowhere near as warm as my torso however. On the plus side they do have armor over the knuckles, are waterproof and insulated, and have a one-handed drawstring for the gauntlet sleeves (Monsignore liked that feature.)

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Friday, January 8, 2010 (4 years ago)
Response to excess in post #7810 Show

Or all that [bleep!] taken off it. :D

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Friday, January 8, 2010 (4 years ago)
Response to newsboy in post #7811 Show

Lookin' good. Now double-up the armor.

• Joined 5/12/00
  • Originally posted Saturday, January 9, 2010 (4 years ago)

Had to take another ride today. The local Triumph/BMW/Ducati dealer was having an open house with free hot dogs and a special gift for anybody that came on a bike. I got a free pair of sunglasses. The temperature when I left home was about 30 degrees.

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Saturday, January 9, 2010 (4 years ago)

Whatever it takes, I am starting up the Adv and zipping around tomorrow!

• Joined 1/20/03
  • 2094
  • Originally posted Monday, January 11, 2010 (4 years ago)
Response to Effervescent in post #7812 Show

Turns out adjusting the idle speed did it. Got 40 mpg this weekend up from 30.

• Joined 4/12/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, January 20, 2010 (4 years ago)

The ride out to Eff's place last week was refreshing. An hour in 29 degree weather at highway speeds. Jacket performed admirably, gloves, eh. I think heated gloves and/or handguards are the only way to fix that problem.

• Joined 5/18/04
  • Originally posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 (4 years ago)

Anyone headed to the Bike show at Javits Center today? I'll be there from around 12:30pm.

"Change your thoughts, and you change your world" - Norman Vincent Peale.

• Joined 1/20/03
  • 2094
  • Originally posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 (4 years ago)

Signed up for CSS at Willow Springs late March. Looking forward to riding the BMW S1000 RR around the track.

I did the MSF Experienced Rider Course a few weeks ago. Good class, but I don't think it was really worth the money.

• Joined 1/21/99
  • Originally posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 (4 years ago)

I'm thinking of going Sunday. I want to check out some gear.

• Joined 5/12/00
  • Originally posted Wednesday, March 31, 2010 (4 years ago)

HOORAY FOR WARM WEATHER!!!

Had a nice after work ride today. It's so nice to be able to ride without having to put the liners in the jacket, pants and gloves. They're calling for temps in the low to mid 80s this weekend and I have 4 straight days off from work.

HOORAY FOR SPRINGTIME!!!

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Joined 3/18/03
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 29, 2010 (4 years ago)

• Joined 5/12/00
  • Originally posted Saturday, May 15, 2010 (4 years ago)

Just came back from an antique motorcycle meet. Here are some highlights.

Here's one for Eff and the other Beamer enthusiasts.

I've never been a big fan of Norton choppers but this one's pretty sweet.

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Joined 2/5/01
  • Originally posted Monday, June 21, 2010 (4 years ago)

Haven't been on yehoodi in a while...Updates... new bike for the wife, 1995 Suzuki VZ800 Intruder. My bike is still running like a champ, new rear tire warranted a 200 mile ride. 100 miles there, and about 100 back... riding weather here in Vermont has been better than last year. that is all..

I may not live there anymore, but my dancing feet will always be from L.A.

• Joined 5/12/00
  • Originally posted Sunday, July 25, 2010 (4 years ago)

DAMN IT'S HOT!!! Had a nice, but hot, ride today. I got home, checked the weather and the heat index is 110.

I ordered some new parts for the bike yesterday. I ordered some custom, all chrome Hagon rear shocks to smooth out the ride, a superbrace for the front forks to help stabilize the front end, fork gaitors for that classic Triumph look, billet intake manifolds for a bit more low end torque, and a 19 tooth front sprocket. I can't wait to start wrenching on it later this week.

• Joined 9/14/01
  • Originally posted Sunday, July 25, 2010 (4 years ago)

Weather in Madison, WI will be sunny with temps in the 75-80 degree range for the rest of the daylight hours. I think I'll take my e-bike machine out for a spin through the woods and commune with the trees and flowers for an hour or two this afternoon.

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having" - V

• Joined 9/23/99
  • Originally posted Sunday, July 25, 2010 (4 years ago)

Just did a 285 mile overnight to Berkshires with China Girl on the Adv. Still have about 2 gallons left in tank, no fill-ups on trip. Nice.

Rode straight thru about a 70 ft stretch of flooding on Hutch which included water up to the front fender (about 2 feet deep).

China Girl's response? "This bike is f_cking amazing!" lol

• Joined 9/14/01
  • Originally posted Monday, July 26, 2010 (4 years ago)

Well I did the ride yesterday on my nerd-mo-ped and it was fantastic.

The Arboretum in Madison is another world you enter from town by crossing a small stone bridge over Wingra Creek. After a short ride along the shore of Lake Wingra you enter a dense forest. To get up some steep hills on an e-bike without draining all the charge out of the battery, I have to slow down to 5.5mph and pedal assist to get to the top - kind of like the ride up the first hill on a roller coaster. At the top, Issac Newton took over and and I flew down, reaching a top speed of 22mph.

Now, those of you riding a chopper reach this speed in first gear, so it doesn't sound all that fast. But on an e-bike with a Trek mountain bike frame it feels like traveling a warp speed.

Stopped to take a short walk on a trail featuring views of a large restored prairie and formal gardens where the prairie flower blooms change weekly throughout the summer and fall.

To get back to town I went on a bike path that passes through several neighborhoods of fancy homes whose owners maintain the path as a volunteer "labor of love" with prairie flower plantings and elegant backyard gardens lining the entire trip back to town.

One nice thing about e-bikes ... they are the ONLY variety of motorbike that's street legal on bike/pedestrian trails like this. This particular path, the Southwest Commuter trail is by far the most popular route in Madison because of it's spectacular scenery which includes some great "top of the hills" views of the city below along the way. And fantastic people-watching opportunities.

Damn! I LOVE summer!