THE WHITE HEAT Update thread:)

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Lindy > Swing Talk
  • Posted Monday, May 30, 2005

White Heat is on again. It'll be the only night you get you wont have to pay for! Also a great chance for all dancers to shake your stuff while enjoying some hot music .. We'll be playing music of all tempos, so get your lindy hop'n your charleston kick'n and your shag......shag'n?(hey, Im trying).

White Heat this Wednesday Night: Free Dance'n, Free Pizza, Free Luv'n(you've gotta bring a friend for that) Where:Chelsea Studios 151 W26th Street From 9-11 Cost: Free

Hope to see you there, -Mickey

Yehoodi Featured Topics

Page(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 Next > (887 items total, 30 per page)

• Joined 10/28/00
  • Originally posted Monday, May 30, 2005 (9 years ago)

Last weeks party was so fun--there is no way I am missing this week--and according to another thread we have some swedes in town-- YEAH! I am also looking forward to dancing with the leads I missed last week. Oh what fun!

• Joined 11/29/00
  • Originally posted Monday, May 30, 2005 (9 years ago)

i wont be able to make this week, but i shall be there next week with sticky shoes.

• Joined 1/2/02
  • Originally posted Monday, May 30, 2005 (9 years ago)

im there!

• Joined 3/2/05
  • Originally posted Tuesday, May 31, 2005 (9 years ago)

If I get all of my apartment moving done in time, count me in :D

It was so great last week, and I definitely need to get in some last minute practice for All Balboa Weekend!

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Tuesday, May 31, 2005 (9 years ago)

Oh you'll be done moving, I will see to it personally! So, DJ'n Wednesday will be Sir Matt di Monsignore. I best see some of the faces I missed last wed.

• Joined 3/2/05
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

I hope to dance with lots of people tonight at Dance Manhattan! It's been a week since I've gone out, and I already feel rusty... :-?

Alex, please save me a Charleston. Mike, are you coming and are you bringing all your overseas bal dancers with you?

-Kelly

• Joined 3/15/99
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

I'm a coming and I'm bringing the pizzas with me! :D

• Joined 8/31/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

hey Mickey, the 7-or-so hop swing people that showed up last wednesday and had a blast all have performance class rehearsal tonight for next saturday's performance. otherwise we'd all be there tonight! last week was fun.

why isn't this posted as a News item on the front page for New York? is Rick being a stickler for protocol? ;)

• Joined 2/8/99
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

• Joined 8/31/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

it turns out one's able to bribe yehoodi staff with promise of bringing a video camera to Fram to tape a yehoodi staffers' moves for posterity. the result -- a post about White Heat on the News homepage for the Northeast. gossip gossip gossip.

• Joined 1/2/02
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)

cant make it tonight. have fun for me.

• Joined 1/20/99
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 1, 2005 (9 years ago)
Quoted from "leendee_boy"

There I did it. Now bring your bloody camera tomorrow! (please)

• Joined 3/2/05
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 2, 2005 (9 years ago)

So it takes a bribe to get a dance event posted on the newsboard??

Well it was tons of fun last night! We had fellow New Yorkers, Swedes, Brits, ... and Matt's DJing rocked!

And thank you Cody for the yummy pizza :D

-Kelly

• Joined 3/2/05
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 2, 2005 (9 years ago)

Oh, and thank you leendee_boy for your bribing skills :P

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 2, 2005 (9 years ago)

Indeed, thanks for getting us on the NEWS.

Sometimes free pizza just aint enough. Hope everyone enjoyed it, thanks again to Matt n' Cody and to Dance Manhattan for let'n us use the space.

See some of you at ABW, the rest I'll catch up with next Wednesday.

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 2, 2005 (9 years ago)

We sent the info last week and this week for the news 'n calander, but alas, once again the oppression of the fast music luv'n greasy Italian (thas me) rears its menacing visage(visage?).

or maybe we were just sending the info to the wrong place.

or maybe there is no spoon.

• Joined 3/15/99
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 2, 2005 (9 years ago)

Hey, I love your event, thanks for having one. :)

• Joined 1/23/01
  • Originally posted Friday, June 3, 2005 (9 years ago)

I had fun DJin' ghetto style.

And thank you Cutty Sark.

• Joined 8/5/02
  • Originally posted Saturday, June 4, 2005 (9 years ago)

Alex

• Joined 3/2/05
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (9 years ago)

Everyone should come out to White Heat tomorrow night (yes, even those of us who are still recovering from All Balboa Weekend) :D

Steve told me that he and Heidi will be there, so everyone can get a sneak peek at how amazing they are..... FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Joined 8/8/02
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (9 years ago)

i can't wait :wink:

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (9 years ago)

Yep, ABW rocked, and it seems as though afew of the dancers from out of town making there way back home will be stopping by Wednesday... Still working on a dj, or maybe Ill just toss in 'After You've Gone'(Krupa!) and leave it on repeat... White Heat, helping you get in your cardio, one song at a time.

• Joined 9/19/00
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (9 years ago)

grr...can't make it this week either, one of these weeks I'll make it and I'll even attempt a few (ok maybe a couple) songs too.

• Joined 9/19/00
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 7, 2005 (9 years ago)
Quoted from "AlekseyKosygin"
I didn't see the news for this...I've posted for the news twice for Swing Events (one with a band who's members have played with legends like Sidney Bechet, Lester Young, and Billie Holiday!) and they haven't been responding...oh well...I'm not going to go up there and beg...what I am going to do is try to attend White F king Heat Wednesdays with some newbies one of these days to show them that there's some weekly energy going on in NYC...let's hope this one lasts unlike the others that nobly tried and failed (R.I.P. 44th Street Rumble, Jump Session)...Thanks for doing this Mickey... Alex

I know I don't read the news emails as diligently as I should, but I don't seem to recall seeing the events you mentioned. I'm sorry if we've missed it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Jump Session.

-Christine

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 8, 2005 (9 years ago)

Tonight, the pizzas on me once again. Head on over to DM from 9-11. Im going to do the djing myself, sport'n some great new stuff I grabbed over the weekend. Hope to see allaya out. -Mic

• Joined 11/29/00
  • Originally posted Wednesday, June 8, 2005 (9 years ago)

sweet.

see Y'all tonight

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Thursday, June 9, 2005 (9 years ago)

It was great to see everyone last night. We broke 45 peops, slowly but surely New York's feet are step'n up.... Sorry about the boombox music, Ill try to see if we can have the room with the better sound system again next week. Three weeks going strong, its time to open up comments and suggestions, as I'd like to keep it that way. -Mickey

• Joined 9/26/04
  • Originally posted Friday, June 10, 2005 (9 years ago)
Quoted from "ThatGuy"
Three weeks going strong, its time to open up comments and suggestions...

Nobody has any comments about white heat?

I'm thrilled to see NY now has a venue for faster dancing. I'll be out there in two weeks, and I'm looking forward to this and the fram.

Hey, if you have some constructive comments that will give Mickey a chance to make it better before I arrive :D

-Eli

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Saturday, June 11, 2005 (9 years ago)

I guess that means its perfect already... I wasn't going to just say it.

See you in NY in two weeks Eli, its been days. I played some of Kyle & your tunes last Wednesday.

• Joined 10/30/00
  • Originally posted Tuesday, June 14, 2005 (9 years ago)

Big 4. Prayers have been answered as the fourth night of White Heat will take place in a room with.....An actual Sound System! Need I say more? Hope all of you who made it out last week can stop by again. Look forward to some quick feet. Nicole, Can the team come out to play Wednesday....pleeeease. -Mic

Page(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30 Next > (887 items total, 30 per page)