Bill Nye the Science Guy swing dances?!

• Joined 4/2/08
  • Lindy > Swing Talk
  • Posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008

According to this NY Times article...

Quote from the article: "Obsession: I love swing dancing. I go two nights a week, often four."

He's THE science guy, he made his house completely green, and he swing dances. sigh If only he were younger and cuter.

Yehoodi Featured Topics

Page(s): 1 2 ... Next > (51 items total, 30 per page)

• Joined 1/16/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Yeah he's a regular in LA. I see him out all the time. He's a pretty good dancer from what I've seen. He dresses vintage and everything.

• Joined 2/23/00
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

I've danced with him. I was totally geekstarstruck. He goes to LindyGroove almost every week.

• Joined 10/6/99

WANT VIDEO.

• Joined 1/7/04

ME TOO.

(see, there are some things beckto and I can agree on :) )

• Joined 3/15/99
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Hey comes to Swing 46 when he's in town, he danced with my partner, she really enjoyed dancing with him.

• Joined 11/19/03
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Seen him at Fram too. It's funny watching people's reaction when they suddenly realize who he is :)

• Joined 1/16/01
Quoted from "Beckto"
WANT VIDEO.
Quoted from "redbean"
ME TOO.

• Joined 1/16/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Here's a photo of Bill Nye at Rusty Frank's 10 year anniversary dance, with Lila Desatoff:

VLG VLG
  • Joined 3/4/02
  • 2035
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

I should have asked him to dance when I was at LG in December......

• Joined 1/16/01
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

You should have told me you'd be in town at LG in December.

• Joined 4/4/05
  • 2049
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

I danced with him a lot at Swing 46 LAST NIGHT, and have seen him several times there.

He is coming to BABBLE when he returns to NYC for some meetings in a couple of weeks...so keep your eyes out for him. Fun dancing with him.

Heidi

This music is not too fast; you're just too damn slow.

VLG VLG
  • Joined 3/4/02
  • 2035
Quoted from "Marcelo"
You should have told me you'd be in town at LG in December.

hangs head in shame

Thought I posted that I'd be around, but I guess not. :dunno:

• Joined 3/1/04

it makes me really super happy that he swing dances. :D :D :D

horray for science! And I just convinced two of my physicists friends (guys) to lindy hop, and they are excited about it.

follow my adventures at www.AppalachianToAlpine.blogspot.com!

• Joined 1/20/99
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Oh I thought everyone knew this.

Anyway, moving to Swing Talk...

• Joined 6/27/05
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

For halloween, he dresses up as the consumer scare of the year. Lead paint last year, spinach the year before that (that was freakin' awesome)

• Joined 1/23/07
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

I soooo prefer Beakman's World.

• Joined 9/1/06
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Bill Nye BABBLE?! Time to break out my really geeky science shirts.

• Joined 1/16/01

Maybe I should repost this for dontmeanathing:

• Joined 1/2/05
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

Here's a shot of Double Down with Bill Nye last year at Swing 46.

• Joined 1/11/06
  • Originally posted Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (6 years ago)

He doesn't just swing dance, he lindy hops.

He's at Rusty's Rhythm Club almost every Wednesday . . . always wearing a bowtie!

• Joined 11/11/01

Had to Google him. :dunno:

• Joined 5/9/04
Quoted from "fiddletree"
horray for science!

too bad for spelling! :disguise: :wink:

Of puns it has been said that those who most dislike them are those who are least able to utter them. Edgar Allan Poe

• Joined 3/15/99
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)
Quoted from "Emmysue4you"
Had to Google him. :dunno:

I think it was last year when I said "Bill Nye who?" And then someone retorted, "Are you serious?!" to me.

I knew the name but nothing else about him. I'm also 35 years old, I was 20 years old and in college studying history when his science guy show first aired to pre-teen audiences. I was the youngest one in my family then and I did not watch much television so it wasn't nearly as shocking to me as one might expect.

It's a generational gap thing, nothing wrong with not knowing.

• Joined 7/4/99
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)

He'll always be Speedwalker to me.

• Joined 11/15/01
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)

I was completely bummed that he wasn't at LG when I DJ'ed earlier this year. I totally wanted to dance with him. Hopefully I'll get another shot. :)

bluesSHOUT! 2010 is coming to Austin! http://www.bluesshout.com Favorite Tim Tebow-ism: Jesus opens presents on Tim Tebow's birthday. :)

• Joined 9/1/06
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)
Quoted from "dontmeanathing"
Bill Nye BABBLE?! Time to break out my really geeky science shirts.
Quoted from "Marcelo"
Maybe I should repost this for dontmeanathing:

That will be my shirt!

• Joined 4/4/05
  • 2049
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)

PS: Ladies of bal, he does balboa too.

This music is not too fast; you're just too damn slow.

• Joined 6/8/00
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)
Quoted from "Emmysue4you"
Had to Google him. :dunno:

I googled him too. nope, doesn't look familiar.

• Joined 2/7/01
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)
Quoted from "Swifty"
He'll always be Speedwalker to me.

I miss Almost Live...

High Fiving White Guys! Alright!!

The velocity of Spanish is that many tables do not have sadness...

• Joined 4/6/99
  • Originally posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 (6 years ago)

He's been a guest on NUMB3RS a few times too.

"Chaw, chi-chaw, chi-chaw." - Lindsay Bluth

Page(s): 1 2 ... Next > (51 items total, 30 per page)