Episode #007 of the Hey Mister Jesse podcast is now available to download and enjoy. July’s show features tons of news, Jesse's 8 favorite songs by modern swinging bands (the iMix edition!), an interview with and songs by Alex Pangman from Toronto, Ontario and plenty of listener questions and comments. (62 minutes).
|00:43||Song: "Dead Drunk Blues" by Alex Pangman & The Royal Jelly Orchestra - 78 RPM single|
|03:23||Welcome to episode #007 of Hey Mister Jesse|
|04:33||News: Yehoodi Radio
- Update on new format and specialty shows
- July Guest DJ is Ryan Mascaro from New York, New York
|06:27||News: More about DJ Kid Koala
- Check out this video of Kid Koala doing his "Drunk Trumpet" performance.
|07:23||News: More news about eletronic music meeting jazz
- Check out the recent release Re-Bop: The Savoy Remixes
|07:57||News: New tasty tracks
- "You Could Have Had Me, Baby" by Linda Hopkins - How Blue Can You Get
|09:50||News: Follow-up on LindyGroove's 5th Year Anniversary
- Jesse had an amazing time
- Barbara Morrison & The San Francisco Swing All-Stars share their love for LindyGroove
- Over 400 dancers in attendance!
|12:24||News: Mel Tormé Swings?
- We prove to Spuds that Mel Tormé does indeed swing with the following clips:
- "Sent For You Yesterday" by Mel Tormé & ? - Best of Concord
- "I'm Hip" by Mel Tormé - Instant Party
- Jesse presents Spuds with a copy of Mel Tormé's Instant Party CD.
|16:14||8-Count Swing: Modern Swinging Bands - The iMix Edition!
8 of my favorite songs by modern swinging bands. All songs are available on iTunes, and by request I have created an iMix featuring these eight swinging gems. Of course I have also included links to the full albums in case you want it ALL!
Click here to view and buy this iMix in iTunes.
8. "Blues In Hoss Flat" by The City Rhythm Orchestra - Vibrant Tones
Bonus track: "Everyday I Have The Blues" by Clark Terry featuring Carrie Smith - For Dancers Only!
|31:17||Interview: Alex Pangman (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)|
|47:49||Song: "Sing You Sinners" by Alex Pangman & Her Alley Cats - Live In Montreal
To find out more about Alex Pangman and to purchase her latest CD, visit www.alexpangman.com, and visit www.roostersandwich.com to purchase her "Dead Drunk Blues" single or to donate directly to Habitat For Humanity's Musicians' Village project.
Audio question from Brian Renehan (Melbourne, Australia).
John Tomeny (New Hampshire) recommends another Ella Fitzgerald compilation: Compact Jazz - Ella Fitzgerald
Adam and Camille (Western MA) are asking for listeners' help to find the track "Drop Me Off In Harlem" by the band Victrola.
Tour news from Greg Poppleton (Australia):
*Bakelite Dance Band Member to Tour US with New Wolverines in July & August*
Peter Locke, the piano player on 11 of the 14 tracks on Greg Poppleton's new CD, 'The Phantom Dancer: 14 Swing Era Songs of 1926 to 1939', and Trevor Rippingale, who occasionally plays with greg Poppleton & his Bakelite Dance Bnad, tour the US with Trevor's New Wolverines in July and August.
This is Trevor Rippingale's New Wolverines fifth tour of the US. The New Wolverines, formed in 1984, are Bix Beidebecke specialists. ( Peter Locke does a stunning version of Bix's 'In a Mist'.)
The tour dates are:
Submit your questions and comments via email to email@example.com or by calling our comment line 201-984-SHOW(1234).