Welcome to episode #026 of Hey Mister Jesse. February's show features some great new releases, an 8-Count Swing highlighting more of my favorite classic swing music, an interview with Paul Tillotson and David Jacoby, a new song by Paul Tillotson and The Love Trio, and tons of audience feedback! (79 minutes)
|00:58||Welcome to episode #026 of Hey Mister Jesse.|
|02:38||News: Yehoodi Radio
- February Guest DJ: Our Third Guest-DJ-A-Thon
- Tune in every weekday in February to hear a different past guest DJ show that has been featured on Yehoodi Radio over the past two years.
|04:27||News: Be A Part Of Swing History
- The Solomon Douglas Swingtet will be performing in Vancouver, BC on Saturday, March 22nd. You can be a part of history: not only will the sounds of your dancing, applauding, hooting and hollering incite the musicians to play better, but those sounds will also be recorded and be part of the new CD! Book your flight now!
- For the details, visit solomondouglas.com.
|05:37||News: Get Your Ron Sunshine Mousepad and Coffee Mug
- For all the details, visit: www.zazzle.com/goldenbug
|07:05||News: New Releases
- Brooks Tegler Big Band - That's It!
- The Lost Wandering Blues + Jazz Band - The Best Of
News: Irene Reid and Earl May RIP
- Earl May (1927 - 2007)
8-Count Swing: More Classic Swing
8. "Madhouse" by Benny Goodman - All The Cats Join In (box set) (available from Amazonmp3 and eMusic)
Please let us know if YOU have an 8-Count Swing suggestion.
Interview: Paul Tillotson and Producer David Jacoby
Song: "Blues For Stephanie" by Paul Tillotson & The Love Trio - Lindy Hop Blues: Live At Jelly Roll
- Nick Akerhult (Zuerich, Switzerland) sends us a wonderful email about how much he loves the show
- Anonymous audio comment correcting our non-English language pronounciation
- Bernard Berkhout (Netherlands) writes about his passion for swing music and shares a link for Felix Peikli, a 17-year-old clarinetist from Norway.
- Alex lets us know about The Bratislava Hot Serenaders. Check out their video and buy their CDs.
- Henrik Eriksson (Uppsala, Sweden) writes about European jump blues: Joe Jackson's album "Jumpin' Jive" and the Polish band Shakin' Dudi Orchestra's album "Swing Revival".
- Vicky Chan (Los Angeles, CA) asks about where to buy European CDs online. Can anyone help her?
- Tomo Tanaka (Brooklyn, New York) lets us know about another swinging street band, the Baby Soda Jazz Band. Check out Rik's blog posting about their experience seeing the band performing in the NYC subway. And watch a video the group performing and another video of some great swing dancers tearing it up to the band in the subway!