Welcome to episode #028 of Hey Mister Jesse. April's show features lots of exciting news, an interview with and music from the amazing Catherine Russell, audience feedback and plenty of swinging music! (66 minutes)
|00:43||Welcome to episode #028 of Hey Mister Jesse.|
|02:00||News: Yehoodi Radio
- April Guest DJ: Ken Gilliam (Mississippi)
|03:51||News: New Release
- Roomful of Blues - Raisin' A Ruckus (available from AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus)
|06:58||News: AmieStreet.com is Swinging!
- Fellow Lindy hopper Jason Ganetsky from amiestreet.com tells us about swinging releases recently arriving from cdbaby.com:
- George Gee
- Casey MacGill's Blue 4 Trio
- Solomon Douglas
- Gypsy Swing Review
- Mike Kaupa and Gordon Webster
You can also find a great deal on the most recent album from The Blue Vipers Of Brooklyn.
|15:33||News: Recent finds on eMusic
- "Down South Camping" by Svend Asumusen - Still Fiddling
- "They All Laughed" by Niki Harris - Live In Bern Switzerland
- "Canal Street Blues" by Henry Red Allen - Henry "Red" Allen Quartet Live, 1955 (featuring drummer George Reed!)
- "Honeysuckle Rose" by Various Artists - Saturday Night Swing Session
Interview: Catherine Russell
- Patty Holmes (Houston, TX) recommends Dina Blade, available on iTunes.
- Lannie Garrett (Denver, Colorado) writes in to let us know she loves the show and should come to Denver and check out her club.
- Henrik Eriksson (Uppsala, Sweden) recommends Banu Gibson's hard-to-find album Jazz Baby and the album "20. Jubileum" by The Hot Jazz Band from Hungary. Don't forget to regularly read Henrik's great blog Swing, Jazz and Blues - Dance To The Music.
- Robert Cullen (Eindhoven, Netherlands) recommends Roger Cicero's album Männersachen (also available from amazon.de) and let's us know that Bernard Berkhout and his big band will be playing for Lindy Hoppers on Saturday June 28th during the Amsterdam Lindy Exchange.
- Maureen Bonnefin (Moscow, ID aka the Middle of Nowhere) recommends The Stolen Sweets (also check out their myspace.com page) from Portland, OR.