Welcome to episode #031 of Hey Mister Jesse. July's show features an exciting interview with Bernard Berkhout from The Netherlands, unreleased tracks by The Swingmates and Bernard Berkhout's Swing Orchestra and lots of audience feedback. (76 minutes)
|00:49||Welcome to episode #031 of Hey Mister Jesse.|
|01:43||News: Yehoodi Radio
- July Guest DJ: Kevin Caruso (Chicago, IL)
|05:12||News: Swingtop40.com is back (sort of)
- From DJ Alan "The 'Ol Spin Daddy" White: "SwingTop40 is now back as an archive site. The new URL is swingtop40archive.com. You can see each of the 108 weekly charts and listen to all of the 108 weekly countdown shows we recorded. You can also hear both Swing Awards Shows. The Site is free to listen to but we do ask for donations to keep it going."
|08:17||News: Recent (Hard To) Finds
- The Blue Bird Society Orchestra - Music Of High Society
- The Big 18 - More Live Echoes
|13:10||News: More International Swing on eMusic
- "Exactly Like You" by Tyler Yarema & His Rhythm (Canada) - Gotta Bran' New Suit (rec. by Robert Barbier)
- "Soderhamn Blues" by Jan Johansson (Sweden) - Blues (rec. by Patrik Öhrström)
- "Hop, Skip and Jump" by Engelbert Wröbel's Swing Society (Germany) - Sophisticated Swing (rec. from Nathan Malone's Albums For Lindy Hoppers)
Song: "Omph Fah Fah" by The Swingmates - Unreleased
Song: "Roll 'Em" by Bernard Berkhout's Swing Orchestra - Unreleased
- Brooke Filsinger (Toronto, Ontario) raves about seeing Nikki Yanofsky performing with The Count Basie Orchestra
- Wil Reed (Connecticut) recommends the album Continental Stomp by the Hot Club of Cowtown (available from AmazonMp3 and iTunes)
- Anne (Caledonia on Yehoodi) Bernstein (NY, NY) lets us know that Les Primitifs du Futur will be at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC on July 17th
- Marc D'Olimpio (France) calls in to remind us about the great album Jimmy Witherspoon with Panama Francis' Savoy Sultans (available from AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus!!!).
- Leif Bjerborg (Little Beat Records, Denmark) sends his compliments on the show.
- Robert Cullen (Netherlands) recommends Terry Blaine's album Whose Honey Are You? and reminds us again about The Stolen Sweets and their album Shuffle Off To Buffalo.
- Wendi Bourne (from The Girls From Mars) writes in about the show.
- Henrik Eriksson (Uppsala, Sweden) recommends Sister Swing's New Shoes and Old Bags and the album "Jitterbuggin'" by Jimmy Sapienza's Five Guys Named Moe. Don't forget to regularly read Henrik's great blog Swing, Jazz and Blues - Dance To The Music, especially his recent post about how you can support his blog.
- Morgan Day (Orange, CA) recommends Bob Ringwald's Fulton Street Jazz Band's selt-titled album, with special guest Molly Ringwald!