April's show features new releases from Postmodern Jukebox with Gunhild Carling, The Swinging Dice and G & The New Orleans Swinging Gypsies and plenty of international audience feedback. (82 minutes)
|00:43||Welcome to episode #147 of Hey Mister Jesse for March 2018.|
|01:47||News: eMusic's new model
- Learn more (PDF).
|07:54||News: Songs NOT To Play
- Learn more.
|25:05||News: New Single From Gordon Webster
- "I Like Pie (Pi Day Version)" by Gordon Webster - Single (read more about this re-recording).
|32:55||News: What's New from Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox?
- "The Final Countdown" by Postmodern Jukebox & Gunhild Carling - Jazz Me Outside, Pt. 1 (available on iTunes Plus)
- Watch the video.
|40:27||News: New Release from The Swinging Dice
- "Swing Time" by The Swinging Dice - Let's Pick Up The Tempo! (available on Bandcamp)
|47:42||News: New Release from G & The New Orleans Swinging Gypsies
- "Broken Hearted Blues" by G & The New Orleans Swinging Gypsies - Swing 17 (available on Bandcamp)
- Ralf Brown (Pittsburgh, PA) recommends "Jazznocracy" by Jimmie Lunceford & His Orchestra - The Best Of 30s Victor (available on eMusic). Check out other $0.99 albums from Doxy and Resurfaced Records.
- Thanapong Phimsen aka DJ Lute (Shanghai, China) recommends "Friday Night Rag" by The Preservation Hall Jazz Band - Royal New Orleans Jazz Celebration (available where? Stream on Soundcloud)
- DJ Goldi (St. Louis, MO) recommends "Lindy Town Shuffle" by David Larsen and the Larsen Group - Night Shift (song, not album, available on AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus)
- Ron Waters (Hartford, CT) recommends "People Like You and Me" by Glenn Miller & His Orchestra - Live Performances of Glenn Miller, 1940 - 1942 (Live) (song, not album, available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!)
- Wil Reed (New London, CT) recommends "The Hut Sut Song" by Horace Heidt - All The Hits (song, not album, available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!).
Thanks to Johnny Nocturne for the great theme music!
Check out the show notes on Yehoodi.com.
Email your written or audio (record one on your smart phone!) comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a financial supporter on Patreon.
Leave us a review in the iTunes store.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook.
Follow Jesse on Twitter to get the most current updates on the podcast and Jesse's recent musical discoveries.
Listen to the Hey Mister Jesse playlist on Spotify.