March's show features new releases from The Swing Shouters Little Band, Jonathan Ng, Catherine Russell and The Hot Club of San Francisco and plenty of international audience feedback. (68 minutes)
|00:42||Welcome to episode #158 of Hey Mister Jesse for March 2019.|
|02:07||News: SwingDJs.com Lives On!
- The archive of SwingDJs.com lives on thanks to long-time listener and contributor DJ Andy Lewis.
|7:57||News: Meshiya's Kickstarter Campaign
|10:46||News: What's New With Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox?
"Pinky and The Brain Theme" by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox - Sepia Is The New Orange (available on iTunes Plus).
Watch the video.
|14:06||Feature: New Releases
3. Recommended by Dan Ng: "Things Ain't What They Used To Be" by The Swing Shouters Little Band - Tribute To Johnny Hodges (Available on Bandcamp)
- Angie (Minneapolis, MN) recommends "You Can't Swing" by Patty and The Buttons - The Mercury Blues (Available on Bandcamp).
- Katie Sewell (Birmingham, UK) recommends "Two Little Squirrels (Nuts to You)" by Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five - Let The Good Times Roll: The Anthology 1938 - 1953 (available on AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus). Jesse randomly mentions this unrelated Key & Peele sketch.
- Morgan Day (San Diego, CA) recommends "Hopkins' Scream" by Claude Hopkins - Claude Hopkins: 1932-1934 (Live) (available on AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus).
Thanks to Johnny Nocturne for the great theme music!
Check out the show notes on Yehoodi.com.
Email your written or audio (record one on your smart phone!) comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a financial supporter on Patreon.
Leave us a review in the iTunes store.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook.
Follow Jesse on Twitter to get the most current updates on the podcast and Jesse's recent musical discoveries.
Listen to the Hey Mister Jesse playlist on Spotify.