Episode #086 of Hey Mister Jesse is now available to download and enjoy. February's show features Alex Pangman’s new single "Breathe In", a special kid-friendly 8-Count Swing and tons of international audience feedback. (90 minutes)
|00:46||Welcome to episode #86 of Hey Mister Jesse for January 2013.|
|02:08||News: Amazon Cloud & AutoRip
- Check Amazon's new AutoRip service.
- Also, you can now purchase songs from your iPhone.
|04:04||News: eMusic's New a la Carte Store
- Check eMusic's New a la Carte Store
|06:16||News: Now Available To Download
- Various Artists - On the Shoulders of Giants (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Presents) (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!)
- Cassidy and The Orleans Kids - Salut I Forca Al Canut
- The Cope Street Parade - Live At The Caravan
|12:12||News: Alex Pangman's New Single
- "Breath In" by Alex Pangman
- Purchase Breath In.
- Read about Alex's inspiring story.
- Alex encourages everyone to be an organ donor.
8-Count Swing: More Kids Music That Swings
8. "Alphabet Scat" by Lisa Yves and the Young Beboppers - The Very Best of Jazz for Kids (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!)
Want to hear more great kids music, swinging and otherwise? Check out my Spotify playlist to hear what Ace and I listen to at home.
- Alexander (Russia) recommend "Sister Kate" by George Lewis - At The Club Hangover, San Francisco, 1953 Vol. 2 (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!)
- Omar Myers (Seoul, South Korea) recommends "How Come You Do Me Like You Do" by Fletcher Henderson Orchestra - That Big Band Sound (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!)
- David Afonso (Portugal) recommends Red Allen - Three Classic Albums Plus (Red Allen Meets Kid Ory / We've Got Rhythm / Red Allen Plays King Oliver) and great video of Ella Fitzgerald and Mel Torme at the 1976 Grammies.
- Jose Tello (Seattle, WA) recommends "Oh, I'm Evil" by Una Mae Carlisle - The Definitive R&B Series - 1941 (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!), "Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball?" by Buddy Johnson - Jukebox Hits 1940-1951 (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!) and "Call the Police" by The Nat King Cole Trio - Nat King Cole Trio - Vol#1 (available on iTunes Plus and eMusic).
- Marc D'Olimpio (Vienna, Austria) recommends "Your Feets Too Big" by Mos Def - Be Kind Rewind (available on AmazonMp3 and iTunes Plus), "Lulu's Back In Town" by Wingy Manone - 1935-1936 (song, not album, available on iTunes Plus), "Lulu's Back In Town" by Lyle Ritz - How About Uke? (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!) and "Lulu's Back In Town" by The Hot Sardines - Shanghai'd (available on AmazonMp3, iTunes Plus and eMusic!!!).
- Morgan Day (Orange, CA) recommends The Cotton Mouth Kings - Smokin' Swing from New Orleans and The Smoking Time Jazz Club - Oh Sister Ain't That Hot (thanks to David Soltysik from Silver Spring, MD for recommending this album as well!) . Be sure to check out Morgan's great new blog, ickeroo.
- Henrik Eriksson (Uppsala, Sweden) recommends "If Your Baby Don't Dance Enough" by Nova Fliegt Zum Mond - Djungleswing and "Everybody Loves My Baby" by O Sister! - Shout, Sister!. Be sure to check out Henrik's great blog, Swing, Jazz and Blues - Dance To The Music and become a fan of his blog on Facebook.
Thanks to Johnny Nocturne for the great theme music!
Check out the show notes on Yehoodi.com.
Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call and leave a voice message at 201-984-7469.
Become a fan of the show on Facebook.
Follow Jesse on Twitter to get the most current updates on the podcast and Jesse's recent musical discoveries.
Listen to the Hey Mister Jesse playlist on Spotify.